Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Homemade Low Fat Granola Bars

Want a big batch of granola bars without having to buy the sugary combo pack at Wal*Mart? Well here's your answer... a healthy and easy recipe from my good friend Gina. 


This recipe has a lot of ingredients but it's very simple to make. It's also nice because you can add/take out whatever you want! For example... for an even healthier option you could add dried fruit and nuts. We made the classic mini chocolate chip granola bar and they turned out really well. However next time--if I'm feeling rich--I might just throw in a bag of Crasins. Yum.


After only about 30 minutes of baking and cooling our granola bars were ready to eat. Who knew a warm granola bar [not melted and sticking to the wrapper] could taste so good and be so healthy?? These little "treats" are very low in sodium and are sweetened with honey and applesauce. Not to mention the oats and whole wheat contain important nutrients that refined white flower simply can't provide for your growing kids.

p.s. I'm not so sure about this HDR picture setting... it's pretty wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment