Monday, May 23, 2011

Baked Pears

Recently I have been craving sugar like never before. I've always been a fan of course... but not like a front row season tickets kind of fan! To calm down my cravings I have been trying to find new ways of turning healthy foods into tasty "treats." Last week was the debut of Cake-In-A-Mug [I hope you tried it!] and this week I have a new one that is just as tasty, if not better! It's basically a recipe off of Skinny Gina's website but I used a pear instead of a banana. Here's how you do it...

First heat up your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then all you need is a pear [or a banana, apple, peach, whatever fruit you like most] and cut it in four [cut the banana once long ways]. 


Place your fruit of choice in a small pyrex or cookie sheet. Cover fruit with about 2-3 tsp honey and sprinkle ground cinnamon on top. 


Once your oven is toasty, cover with tin foil and bake for about 15 minutes.


 Your fruit should come out looking a lot like they did going in... but instead they'll be warm, soft, and delicious! Once I dished my pear slices onto my little plate I used the remaining honey/cinnamon mixture in the bottom of the pan as kind of a sauce to cover the fruit. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment