Sunday, May 22, 2011

Four lbs in four weeks: Week 2 report

Week two has been very interesting. I was torn throughout the week as I came to learn that I can actually enjoy dessert, as long as I'm not eating too much. Unfortunately dessert is my Achilles heal... I'm not very good at only eating a little. This past week was especially hard, I felt like everywhere I went there was another opportunity to have some sugar. Not to mention the endless supply of salt-water taffy's provided at work. I didn't do as well as I could have, I'll admit it. However I did get in my goal for exercise, and everything that I ate that wasn't a dessert was a healthy fruit, vegetable, grain, etc. It looks like week three is going to be a little game of catch-up or make-up or whatever get's me away from all those unnecessary carbohydrates and calories. 

Let's talk about my goals for last week... lay of the sugar more? Still working on that one. Find and wear my pedometer? Check! I knew this one would be a bit of a struggle because some days all I did was walk to and from work then go on a run. Then on other days I had classes to walk to and errands to run for the boss. So really it all depended on the day. But throughout the week I was able to find new ways to get more steps in (take the stairs, walk to the library, etc) and I was able to get 10,000 a day!

I did do something this week, however, that I think will end up being very beneficial for me as well as anyone that wants a better relationship with the food they eat. On Friday I got home from work and upon finding my husband napping on the couch I decided to bike over the the public library. There I checked out French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano. It's an excellent book about how the French have a completely different relationship with the food they eat compared to Americans. I have about six books on health that I am reading right now but I can't seem to put this one down. It's full of great ideas and I'm very excited to start implementing some of the suggestions into my own relationship with food. When I finish the book I plan on posting a more detailed review so stay tuned!

Goals for week three:
-continue to lay off sugar, I'll get there eventually... it just takes time with an addiction like mine! ;)
-reevaluate my relationship with the food I'm eating.
-eat more low-energy-dense foods (fruits and vegetables)

p.s. I feel great... I hope you do to. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment